Top 3 rated commercial pour over coffee maker
Pour over coffee is becoming popular in commercial environments as well as at home. Why? For starters, pour over coffee tastes quite different from espresso coffee that you get in most cafes – it has a lighter, cleaner taste that you can easily drink without adding much milk or sugar. The more practical reason, however, is that a commercial pour over coffee maker costs much less than an espresso machine, and is far easier to clean and maintain.
If you’re considering the purchase of a commercial pour over coffee maker, whether for your workplace or even at home if you have a family of coffee drinkers, then here are the top 3 rated commercial pour over coffee makers in the market.
Bunn VPR 12-cup Commercial Pour Over Coffee Maker
Bunn is an established name in the coffee industry, so it comes as no surprise that their commercial pour over coffee maker would be among the best.
- Not only can it make up to 12 cups of great tasting coffee in a single brew, it can also keep the coffee warm with its 2 heated bases.
- The water decanter can be easily refilled from the top
- All internal components are made of stainless steel for cleanliness and safety
Even though it takes up quite a bit of space, the Bunn Commercial Pour Over Coffee Maker has clearly been made for the office or commercial space in mind. While the coffee is not shout-out amazing, it’s consistently good and should be a good choice for office kitchens and commercial environments.
Bodum Bistro Automatic Pour Over Coffee Maker
Even though the brand is known more for the sleek aesthetics of their kitchen products than for commercial coffee brewing, Bodum’s commercial pour over coffee maker has been winning the approval of several professional baristas and coffee geeks, as well as home users.
- The water heating system of the Bodum Bistro is designed to keep heated water at the optimal brewing temperature of 92-94 degrees Centigrade (205 degrees Fahrenheit) when it is then poured into the brewing cone.
- A built-in stainless steel cone filter means that you can make your favorite pour over coffee all day long without having to worry about paper filters.
- Of course, the bright colors and built-in thermal carafe help make the Bodum commercial pour over coffee maker an appealing option.
The Bodum pour over coffee maker only makes 2 cups of coffee with each brew, but operation is fast and simple so it’s still suitable for smaller commercial environments. Even though some have commented that a coarser grind is required to prevent overflowing when brewing and sediments in the brewed coffee, the pour over coffee from this machine is better than the majority of drip coffee machines – rich and strong.
Bonavita BV1800 8-Cup Coffee Maker
This is the de facto choice for those who are serious about the taste of their pour over coffee. The Bonavita commercial pour over coffee maker is one of just a few machines that have gotten the approval of the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) for quality coffee brewing at home.
- It speedily brews up 8 cups’ worth of pour over coffee that, might we add, tastes excellent. There’s no sediment in the coffee and we didn’t find it too strong or week, but you can just tweak the amount of coffee grounds used to your personal preference.
- The “showerhead” water dispenser evenly saturates grounds in the dripper.
- You can choose between a thermal carafe or a glass carafe with heating base to keep your coffee warm.
- The various parts of the machine are easy to remove and clean – an important consideration for commercial pour over coffee makers.
Another great thing about the Bonavita commercial pour over coffee maker is its compact size – it will fit nicely onto snug counter spaces or kitchens while still making plenty of coffee for the morning rush.
There are plenty of other commercial pour over coffee makers around that are cheaper, and some that are decidedly higher-end and make better coffee. But given the needs of the everyday coffee drinker, these 3 have the best balance of taste, price, and ease of use.